Saturday, January 21, 2012

19 weeks pregnant, a wonderful husband, and big surprise in 5 days!

Not only do I think I am a blessed wife, I know it. My husband, Mark, is a wonderful guy – but during  this pregnancy, he has been doing so much for our family, our baby, and for me that words cannot express how thankful I am. He has been organizing our house like crazy. I have been helping when and where I can, but organizing is not a strength of mine and I oftentimes find myself finding a hair tie that I thought I lost – then doing my hair because I just have to see if it still works. Or, I’ll find a book I forgot I had – and I start looking through it. I’ve even been caught putting on makeup because I found some eye liner that I never tried (the dreaded liquid kind....which did not work out so well for me). But Mark...wonderful Mark has this uncanny ability to stick with a project, label the bins or boxes, throw stuff away, and make everything looks clean and organized.  I was not born with that gene. Gee, I hope our baby gets it.
So, our house is getting pretty darn organized. And now, we can start moving stuff out of the 2nd bedroom to make way for the crib and such. By the way, anybody want a couch with a pull-out bed? It’s gotta go.
Next week is the week we get to go on the tour of the maternity center, I have my 5 month check-up, AND we are getting our big anatomy ultrasound. This ultrasound will tell us many things, weather baby is developing properly (I HAVE been eating vegetables), if there are any issues or problems, and weather we are having a girl or a boy (can’t wait). We are praying that baby is healthy – and we welcome any and all prayers for this child.
I will definitely let you all know what “kind” of human we are having. People keep asking me if I have an inkling either way – I don’t. I have no clue. But, I’ve been imagining life with a girl and have been imagining life with a boy and I really don’t care which one we get. We already love this child like crazy – and we don’t even know what it is...isn’t that amazing? 
In other awesome news – I’ve been feeling the baby kicking (or punching) the past few days. It’s like a little flutter in one spot. I pretty much love it. I can’t wait until Mark can feel the baby too.
OK, I best getting rolling. It’s Saturday, there’s FINALLY some snow outside and I get to go see Karen today – but first, I have some projects to work on. Mark, yeah, Mark is already organizing again! I love that guy!
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment