A friend from small group at Church recently had a baby girl named Sara. She is beautiful. I got to hold her for a good long time while Mark and I talked to the new first-time parents and got some good tips. We actually have several friends who are or are going to be first-time parents. This newfound support group has been a blessing to me and Mark. And we have been asking lots of questions.
Another sweet thing is that Mark reads books to the baby (thanks to Rhonda, John, and Ethan for giving us Baby Boy Hall’s first Dr. Seuss book and to Auntie Karen for Goodnight Moon and Goodnight Washington, DC). And, I sing to baby boy in the car. I don’t know if he likes it, but I do. I haven’t felt any kicks of protest J.
We love this little guy so much, we can’t help it. I’ve even taken to strolling through the baby gift store at the hospital, looking at their new shipments of baby boy clothes, birth announcements, booties, blankets, etc. Before I know it, this little one in my tummy will be in my arms.....probably drooling and crying, but I don’t care because he’ll be ours.
I have three more close friends who are having babies; two in late April, and one around the same time as me (June 17th-ish). Going through pregnancy with friends has been a real blessing – because I have been able to learn pregnancy symptom coping techniques, true labor stories, all about epidurals, newborn baby bottles, breastfeeding techniques, and everything in between.
The only other thing I am contending with these days is an itchy belly. People may think I’m a monkey before too long (yes, I eat bananas too).
Katherine
I love hearing how excited you are through your writing! This baby boy is going to be so blessed to have you and Mark as parents! OH not to mention his AUNTS!!! :) I cant wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dee!! We are so, super excited! And, Baby Boy Hall can't wait to meet Auntie Dee too!!! Love you sis!
Delete