This week, our
lives will change. Mark and I are going to be parents in 4 days or less. Mark's
Parents (Sharon and David) and my parents (Steve and Debby) are about to become
grandparents for the first time. And, all our siblings (Karen, Stevie, Tim, Michael,
and Kelli) are going to be aunts and uncles for the first time. What a big week
this is!
I can't wait to
meet this little fella who has been kicking me since January. These days, he
likes to stick his feet out on the left side of my belly, roll his shoulders
right under my belly button (causing my belly button to pop out like the peak
of a mountain), and stretch his body, which makes his little butt push the top
of my belly up. Oh, I will indeed miss feeling him in my tummy, but I am so
excited for the soon-to-arrive day when I can hold him in my arms and look at
his sweet face! Mark is also so excited to hold his son, read to him
"on the outside" and to just be his daddy!
We
can't believe this week means we get to be parents - but we will do
our best to be great parents who will teach our son about God and life and
loving others! We have lots of plans already! And, we know that being
parents will be wonderful, amazing, challenging, difficult at times, and by far
the best thing we’ve ever done.
This week, baby
boy Hall is measuring somewhere between 7.5 - 8.5 pounds. Our docs
think he'll be around 9 pounds by Friday, our induction date (if he
does not come sooner). He could be anywhere between 19 - 22 inches long. I
think he will be a long baby - because Mark and I are both tall.
I am hanging in
there. Mark and I have still been going on walks - but these days its more like
walk for a while, then sit, then walk, then sit, then have a snack. :) My
heartburn has not been so bad since I've been sleeping in our recliner. I do,
however, miss my bed. I miss sleeping on my stomach too. But, I can handle it.
Not too much longer.
I have been
having occasional braxton-hicks contractions too. I woke up about 5 times last
night with them. They don't hurt, they just make me feel uncomfortable. But,
nothing I can't handle. I just change my position and whallah, they go away! :)
We have felt so
blessed by everyone during this pregnancy! Thank you all for supporting us as
we become parents. There really is no way for us to express how grateful we are
and how much you have all meant to us!
Prayers for “Birth-day”
are very welcome! Please pray that baby boy Hall is healthy, that labor goes
well with no complications, and for Mark and I as we embark on a whole new
adventure: Parenthood!
In 4 days or
less, we get to introduce our son to the world! Can’t wait!
Much love,
Katherine (the
one with the very, very large belly)
No comments:
Post a Comment