When I was 36 weeks preggo, Mark and I went to Noodles and Company for lunch after church. Mark was getting our drinks and I went to get a place to sit. I backed in to a booth and tried to turn straight but my tummy wouldn't fit. I tried to push the table but it was bolted to the floor. Needless to say, I started cracking up and Mark did too because he saw what happened....then lady sitting across from me started cracking up too. Now, I make sure the booth is wide enough BEFORE I sit down.
When going on walks, we are the kind of people who say "hi" when people pass us. But, when you are very noticeably pregnant, our new game is to see how many people just stare at my belly. You'd be surprised how many people just stare. I don't mind it, I think it's funny. My belly has become "something to see".
Last week, I was making hot water at work for an afternoon oatmeal snack. I had to scoot behind my coworker who was looking through a file - but pushed her accidentally with my belly instead. We couldn't stop laughing.
Also, my coworker, Donna, is so cute - she keeps calling me from the kitchen when there's food there and asking me what she can bring me. She also brings me water bottles so I don't have to walk to the water fountain all the time.
Being pregnant is also a conversation starter. When I am out and about - people always ask, "how long until the baby comes", or "is this your first", or "is it a boy or a girl", etc. And then they share stories of their kids or grandkids. Random people always walk past me and say, "congratulations" - even the tatooed homeboy who works at the hospital. :)
Other pregnancy symptoms: Poofy feet (and larger feet), contiunously stuffy nose - which indices snorting and snoring, a need to stay near a bathroom at all times, and many many more (but those are the highlights). Some are funny, some not so funny - but it's all worth it!
Here I am at 36 weeks - baby boy is getting LOTS BIGGER!! He's measuring big. We might have a 8.5- 9 pounder on the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment