Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Third Trimester Report

People: “So, Katherine, how are you feeling?”
Katherine: “Oh, you know, just creating a life.”

Baby Boy Hall is now 28 weeks old. Only 12 more weeks to go!

Baby Hall is 2.5 pounds and is 16 inches long. He’s growing like a weed! But, that’s his job right now. Oh, and he eats all my food and makes me hungry all the time.

Good news from last week’s doctor’s appointment…I gained just the right amount of weight for the month AND, I do NOT have gestational diabetes…pass the birthday cake!

Yesterday, Mark and I went in for a 4D Ultrasound. We were a little prepared for some pictures of baby that were a little creepy…but it wasn’t creepy at all (I promise). Some of the pictures are a little distorted, but that’s because he was moving.

At first, we saw some glimpses of baby’s face (he is already a cutie) but he had his arm over his face the whole time – and then, he rolled toward my back and put his face in my uterus, so we could see his back and that’s pretty much it. He, apparently, doesn’t want to share with the world his cute little face yet – so we wait.

It was quite a treat though, because we got to see his little fingers and toes. He even had one foot sticking straight up (near his face) at one point. Who is this flexible child?

Baby Hall is currently in breech position, but he has time to roll on down so he comes out head first (I pray). They usually do this between now and 32 weeks. His head is near my ribs, his shoulders and back are on my right side and his butt is sitting on top my bladder (he either thinks it’s cushy there or he rejoices in making me have to visit the bathroom quite often). His legs are curled up on my lower left side. He’s been rolling a lot too. After dinner, I often find myself leaning back on the couch and Mark and I play the watch the belly morph game. We try to guess what body part is making my stomach lopsided or if he just kicked or punched his mommy.

I’m not going to lie, it is kind of crazy that there’s this little, cute, growing human in my belly but it’s also so fun to see my belly grow and to see baby grow. We can’t wait to meet this little guy! What a blessing he is in our lives!

Here is a picture of Baby Hall’s face right before he hid it.













Here’s a picture of Baby Hall’s back - once he got in that position, he did not budge.













Here’s a picture of Baby Hall’s arm and cute little chubby cheek. J


No comments:

Post a Comment